Recover deleted files with recuva
Have you ever accidently deleted your important files or docs or anything. Ya i mean even from your recycle bin. I m pretty sure that it may happen with everyone. So today i will teach you how to recover deleted files.
How it works??
The concept behind this recovery is that, whenever you delete some files, the disk shows corresponding empty space, but the file is still present. Whenever you add more files, the previous files get overwritten. This deletes the files permanently. So recuva just scans for files which are not overwritten. In this way it recovers deleted files.
The concept is clear i think, so lets do it practically. So lets start.
How to recover deleted files???
- First you will need a software named Recuva. It is a free tool.
Download it from here
- Now after downloading install it and launch it from desktop.
- When you will launch it, you will see something like below. Simply click next.
- Now choose the content which you want to recover. Eg. Image, music,document (You can select other if you want all files to be displayed). Then click next.
- Choose the destination where files were initially present before deletion, means the last seen location. If you don’t remember, than you can choose ‘I m not sure’ and click next at last.
- Now check the box which says ‘enable deep scan’. Deep scanning will take more time, but it is more reliable then normal one. Now click start.
- It will start scanning your hard drive for deleted files. After the scanning completes, it will show you the files that can be recovered with green dot.
- Now select the files you want to recover, and click recover. Also mention the location were you want to recover the files.
NOTE: Make sure you don’t select the same location where files were initially present. So better select new location and click ok.
- This will start recovery process and you will find all your files within a few minutes. This was the method to easily recover deleted files.
Now recuva is not the only tool to recover files. There are many tools available on the net which are more efficient then recuva.
Some good things about recuva is that, it is available free of cost and it is very simple to use. So if its a lower level matter, recuva would be a good option. Also remember that you recover the things as soon as possible, before they get replaced by other files. Stay tunned for other tips/trick about recovering data.
If you have any questions regarding this method, then do post them in the comment section below. I would be happy to help you.
Also JOIN US on