Whatsapp a messaging app which grew faster than any other competitor’s, has now launched its first update after Facebook collaboration. The new update includes some very important features which were missing previously. The only vulnerability of any whatsapp user was, anybody could see the last seen time of the person. So it kind of disturbed the privacy. There were many third party apps developed to hide last seen, but now its official setting in whatsapp. Also some new features can be seen in the latest update which are discussed below. So we will see how to hide last seen in whatsapp.
This update is still only for Android, and that to you can’t find it in playstore yet. So the question is how to update the app.
UPDATE : This feature is now OFFICIALLY integrated in the latest whatsapp version.
How to Hide Last Seen in whatsapp by updating??
- Go to whatsapp.com/android (FROM PC BROWSER) and download the app in your PC/Laptop.
- Transfer whatsapp.apk file in your mobile.
- No need to uninstall the previous version, just install this new version over it.
Note: Make sure unknown sources is checked in settings->security->Unknown Sources
- After installing, you can launch whatsapp and everything will be as it is (No need to configure it again).
- Go to Settings->Account->Privacy.
- Here you can find settings to hide Last Seen, Profile Photo, & Status.
- There are three options for visibility everyone, My contacts, Nobody. Select according to your choice.
Note: If you choose to hide last seen from everyone, then you would also not be able to see other’s last seen status.
There is also a new feature called ‘Pay For a Friend’, which allows you to pay the annual fee for someone else. So you can just give a small gift to any of your friends and family. So just UPDATE the app using the above feature and enjoy the feature of Privacy before anyone. The update will soon be rolled out for other platforms too. But for the technofall visitors, its before anybody.
If you have any doubts, do comment in the section below.