WiFi is like the core of any house when it comes to connectivity from the outside world. If you have a complex home with too many walls or if the router is not having good coverage, then you won’t get the network in all the rooms. This is a common problem for many homes and people use a device called repeater to extend the WiFi range. One such device from Digisol is the DG-WR3001NE wireless repeater. It’s a universal repeater which means you can plug it anywhere and repeat wireless signals which the device is in range of. Also, it has AP mode which lets you extend the wired network to a wireless medium. Let us check out the Digisol DG-WR3001NE wireless repeater review to find out if it is worth buying. I have used this repeater for 3 weeks and I am sharing my views through this review.
Digisol DG-WR3001NE wireless repeater review:
The design of DG-WR3001NE is very basic with a cuboid like casing. What is noticeable are the two external antennas to provide
Performance and features
The repeater DG-WR3001NE can work as a wifi Universal repeater which can repeat any wifi signal within its range. Also it has a feature of AP mode where you can plug a LAN wire which is a wired network and make it go wireless. It has a LED light to notify of LAN connection. You can also know the original wifi router signal strength using the LED bars. One can easily connect the repeater to a Wifi router using the WPS button. There is a USB charging port below the repeater to charge your smartphones in case of need. So it will work both as a charger and repeater if it is occupying the socket. But the current rating for the USB port is just 1A which is less as compared to fast chargers out there.
Position of repeater explained
It is said that there should be some distance between the router and the repeater for it to work properly. If they are too close then there might problem while switching between
- Plug the repeater into wall socket by keeping in mind the position explained in the last point.
- Connect to the repeater hotspot which will be open by default with the SSID as DIGISOL.
- Next go to browser and type 192.168.2.1 and enter admin as username and 1234 as password. These are the default settings.
- Now the web panel opens up and it will ask you to setup SSID and password for the repeater. I would suggest you to choose clone the router settings option as it will not create any confusion with two wifi networks in one single home.
- Next you will see a table with all the Wifi networks in range to the repeater. You can choose the one which is your router wifi name/ssid and type the password.
- As soon as you do this, press finish and the repeater will restart and connect to the router. Once it connects successfully it will start extending the Wifi and you will have a connection.
The speed at which DG-WR3001NE was able to repeat
The Digisol DG-WR3001NE repeater will cost you around 2,999 INR but it is available on Amazon for 1,949 INR. Now this is where I feel that there are other repeaters like TP-LINK which will cost you bit on the lower side. Digisol should have kept the price a bit competitive so that people could go with their products as performance wise it was good.