Sony boosts “Selfie” trend with the launch of Xperia™ C3 – the world’s best Selfie smartphone
25th August, 2014, New Delhi – Sony India today launched Xperia™ C3, the ultimate new smartphone for selfies and social sharing thanks to Sony’s leading digital imaging technology and interactive camera apps. Xperia C3 is a unique new smartphone from Sony, created to offer the ultimate social sharing experience with a new powerful ‘PROselfie cam’. It also presents a combination of the best of Sony, with leading digital imaging technology and brilliant specs and performance all for a mid-range price
Fit more in the frame with our best ever ‘selfie cam’ smartphone
The Xperia C3 produces perfect selfies wherever, whenever with a 5 MP wide-angle front camera (25mm with 80 degree field of view) that allows you to capture more in the frame. With a unique soft flash, you can take flattering photos day or night by simply double tapping the back cover or using Smile Shutter, which you can then share with friends in three clicks. Thanks to
the front camera’s Superior Auto mode, pictures are automatically adjusted for suitable lighting conditions and the auto scene recognition function, which works together with HDR and LED flash, makes sure you can capture the best selfies and selfie videos in any light.
To enhance your pictures further, the Xperia C3 comes loaded with selfie camera apps. AR effect incorporates themes that let you easily add fun graphics and animations – like pirate hats, horror faces and laser eyes – to your selfies and selfie videos. Portrait Retouch is another innovative app that allows you to have a real-time makeover of up to two people from a combination of choices from 10 different beauty styles, 10 DECO frame options and magic beam for 6 eye reflection pattern changes. All these features allow you to elevate your images to a new level, to impress your friends via your favourite social media channels.
Enjoy Sony camera expertise
Created with Cyber-shot leading camera expertise, the Xperia™ C3’s impressive 8MP main camera, featuring an Exmor RS™ for mobile image sensor, captures perfect pictures even in challenging lighting conditions. With SteadyShot™ all of your videos will come out smooth and distortion-free. The front camera also makes video calls with Xperia™ C3 crispy clear, with exceptional image quality on the large 5.5” HD display
Discover apps that open up new experiences
Xperia™ C3 comes loaded with innovative camera apps – developed to enhance your mobile experience with social – and fun ways to create and share:
- Superior Auto – on both main and front cameras. From illuminated night views to backlit selfies, Superior Auto recognises four scene types on C3’s front camera and up to 36 scenes by the main camera and adjusts the settings automatically, to help you get the best photos anywhere, in any light. As the default camera mode, Superior Auto turns HDR on or off depending on your scene. HDR mode takes multiple shots with varied exposures and then merges them together to make your photos look natural – even in backlit conditions.
- Portrait retouch v.2 – style your close-ups in real time. Portrait Retouch makes sure you’re captured looking your best with features including real-time makeover, DECO frame options and magic eye beam (light reflection) effects. Portrait Retouch offers a choice of 10 different beauty styles – including four natural looks for the guys – and the ability to retouch portraits of up to two people per image. You can see changes in real time, before capturing the shot to ensure a photogenic finish.
- AR effect – a different angle to your photos and videos. Switch your front selfie camera to AR effect mode and see your viewfinder come to life as a carnival or Halloween parties with yourself and friends wearing fun masks, Caribbean pirate hats and Mummy wraps.
- Timeshift-burst – always get the best picture. Timeshift-burst captures 31 frames in just 2 seconds – starting even before you press the shutter. Consumers can then scroll back and forth amongst the 31 frames to select the perfect image, or even keep them all.
- Picture effects – create the best picture. Apply a wide selection of creative effects to your photos and change colours, add image trails or apply mirror effects. These adjustments enhance your images and open up a world of possibilities.
- Movie Creator – create videos to be proud of. The new movie creator application allows you to trim and crop your videos so that you can easily edit what you want to share. Insert dramatic slowdown effects at one or more places on the timeline of the video so that you can preview your movie before you save and share.
- Social live – broadcast your precious moments live. Social live lets you broadcast every moment as it happens live via Facebook. Get your friend’s response right on the screen and keep the conversation going, all in real-time, and go beyond social sharing as you know it.
- Sweep Panorama – Take a panoramic photo by just sweeping the camera.
Speed that goes on forever
Xperia™ C3. Powered by an efficient Snapdragon Quad-core 1.2 Ghz processor and with 1GB RAM and 8GB Flash memory, Xperia™ C3 enables ultra-fast performance with breath-taking graphics.
At just 7.6 mm and a mere 150g, this slim and sleek smartphone is perfect for people on the go. Built with leading Sony technology the Xperia C3 has a stunning screen that offers an unrivalled experience. Its large, beautiful 5.5” HD IPS display optimised with BRAVIA® technology that offers great viewing from any angle. The Xperia C3 features an easy-toggle keyboard for one-handed input. In addition, its Simple Home mode offers a simplified home screen with larger fonts and loaded with the most used apps and speed dial features.
Enhanced battery life
The Xperia C3 provides extensive usage to ensure you get most out of your smartphone. On top of this, Battery STAMINA Mode 3.0 saves you wasted battery drain by recognising when you’re not using your display and automatically turns off the functions you don’t need, while keeping the notifications you want.
Dual SIM, no compromise
Sony’s latest generation of dual-SIM technology allows users to set up both SIM cards independently with custom ring tones and easily choose between SIMs before making calls or sending texts, whilst Sony’s dual SIM management technology means that users can keep both SIMs active and never miss a call, even when talking on one of them.
Xperia C3 will be available across all Sony Center, Sony Smartphone Lounge and major Mobiles & electronics stores across India.
|Xperia C3||Rs 23,990||
1st September 2014
Black, White and Mint
- The world’s best selfie smartphone fully-optimised for selfies featuring a powerful new ‘PROselfie cam’and selfie apps
- Create and share the best selfies with a 5MP wide-angle front camera withSuperior Auto mode and a soft LED flash in any light by simply double tapping the back cover
- Have unlimited fun with AR effect on the front camera or use thePortrait Retouch camera app to style your close-ups in real-time and post pictures in one of 10 different Deco frames
- Present the best of you and enjoy best in class video calls on a 5.5” HD display
- With its super lightweight, slim design and powerful Quad-Core processor , the Xperia™ C3 can go everywhere with you
- Dual SIM gives you the flexibility to use two SIM cards in the same phone, so you never miss a call