How to get Nougat 7.0 update in Honor 6X [No Root required]
Honor 6X was one of the budget devices that was launched with dual cameras. Honor manages to successfully optimize the software to make the best use of the hardware. Even the battery capacity is good with Honor 6X. But the one thing that it is lacking is the Android 7.0 Nougat update and Google recently announced its successor Android Oreo 8.0. Though Honor did start rolling it(Nougat 7.0) out, many people still haven’t received it, especially in India. So today I will tell you how to get Nougat 7.0 update in Honor 6X.
Before we start off, I need to tell you that you will be receiving an official update from Honor using this method. We will just change the IP address so that the servers will give access to you for the updates based on your new updated location. You don’t require to root your device though you can backup the files in case of some update failure just to be safe. In my case, I didn’t do it and it is working all fine.
How to get Nougat 7.0 update in Honor 6X [without Root]?
- Go to Play Store and download the app Firmware Finder.
- After downloading it hit the refresh icon and check out the updates for your device.
- Now go to settings from the left options panel and then unselect and select the “Use proxy for install” option.
- It will then prompt you to download another app called Firmware Finder Proxy. It is not available directly on Play Store.
- Download it and install it too. Before that make sure that you have checked the option to install apps from unknown sources in the settings menu.
- Now just open the new Firmware Finder Proxy app and read the instructions written on the app.
- You need to connect your device to some WiFi connection. Then select the WiFi connection to modify network by long pressing it. In the modify network option, click ‘show advanced option‘.
- In the advanced option select proxy as manual. In the server space, you can enter localhost and the port can be 8080. The app firmware finder proxy actually assigns your device a proxy IP address so keep it open in the background.
- Now go to settings -> update. And keep hitting refresh in the interval of 10 seconds. You will soon see an Android Nougat 7.0 update popping up.
- Download it and install the update like the normal method. Just keep both the apps running in the background till the update is completed.
- As soon as you are done with the updating, go to WiFi and select proxy as none. If you keep it on manual, then the internet won’t work.
In this way, you can get Android Nougat 7.0 update in Honor 6X device without root. Though I miss some features and layouts of the older version, I feel that this is more snappy than earlier. 3 days now and I am used to the new layout. You can go ahead and change the launcher layout in settings to vertical scroll. I hope this will fulfill your wish of using Android Nougat 7.0 on Honor 6X and you won’t feel left out in the Pixel or Nexus software update race. If you have any issues in following the above method, drop some comments down below.